As to today's title, here is what I crave. My French friends should find this amusing. They keep complaining about the quality of McDonald's "food", and I keep telling them that McD's is really the bottom of the barrel in American food, the problem is that the good stuff doesn't seem to get exported. What I would not give for a Ragin' Cajun, with spicy Pepper Jack and Cajun sauce, or a Firehouse Chicken or Red-Hot Buffalo Chicken sandwich. Arg!
It seems Chirac has made a fool of himself on the world stage again. I can't help but wonder that he does not realize such antics as this only make him (and France, by representation) look rather pitiable and pathetic, not proud and offended as he seems to think. Yes, English is the language of international business. The French can laugh at us once Chinese becomes the language of international business, but for the moment it would be better to just deal with it and use it to their advantage, rather than continually whining and trying to turn the clock back to 1900. C'est la vie...
And finally, my friend Steve sent me this link to what he described as "the scariest pictures he had ever seen on the net". No, they are not graphic or bloody - This is a professional photographer's page, but he does have a unique visual style with color and re-touching that lends the gallery a really disturbing look. If only I could make pipes this creepy...

No comments:
Post a Comment