Friday, December 02, 2005

What We Want for Christmas


Every once in a while I feel like I've blinked and technology has run right past me. I knew robot tech had accelerated a great deal in recent years, but I was unaware that such sophisticated devices as the Roomba Discovery existed. (For some entertaining videos of this thing in action, see the Amazon page - click the "Watch it in action button - and the iRobot descriptive pages - click the little movie blackboard graphic) I see Switzerland even offers them for sale in Europe. Now if I could just find some friendly Swiss guy willing to send us one of these things for a pipe! (US prices seem to be around $300-ish, so a nice Talbert Briar would be a good swap...) With two cats in the house shedding all day every day, our cleaning problems are not big (We are not in the house that much ourselves) but are instead constantly annoying (Not wanting to have to constantly haul out the whole vacuum just to handle the drifting tumbleweeds of cat hair). I can't begin to imagine how handy and fun one of these things would be.

Though strangely, I also feel really old now...

No comments:

What I'm listening to now