Friday, July 06, 2007

Public Healthcare breeds Terrorists

We had a little surprise visitor in the workshop.

I have nothing of the slightest importance to say today, except to pass along a soon-to-be-classic example of how utterly insane Fox News is, "National Healthcare: Breeding ground for terror?"

Yes, truly, putting a question mark at the end of your inane headlines really makes it serious journalism instead of rank tabloid-ism, oh yes... "Fox News: Run by Marmits?"

Fortunately the strange-looking muppet they chose to be their talking head manages to dissolve any hope he had of making a point simply by how silly he looks. His babbling statements aside, who would look at that guy and think, "Here's someone with an opinion the nation should hear"?

My other laugh this week came from Charles Bremner's blog entry, "Jogging is not French, Mister President". The French are upset that our new president goes jogging. I quote Mr. Bremner: "As a correspondent, you try to avoid reinforcing national stereotypes but sometimes the French don't let us. Where else, for example, would people argue that jogging is a capitalist pastime that is designed to undermine serious thought and democracy? "

I find humanity endlessly entertaining! :D

In local news, I've just posted a gallery of pics taken from the air of our area. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! Trever, that is hillarious! Jogging: the harbinger or capitalism.

I never knew what a capitalist I really am until I read that. I wonder if Adam Smith ever jogged?

What I'm listening to now