Saturday, June 09, 2007

Scenes from a Beach

Lunch today on the cliffs overlooking Pen-Bé. This remains one of our favorite little "nook" spots around here to have picnic meals at. I'll keep the comments to a minimum and just post some of the pics we took on this glorious summer day. In this first pic, the clarity and color of the ocean really stands out, especially as there are hardly any waves.








On a clear day, one can see across the bay to the far shore of Brittany, the area known as the Morbihan.




Emily rummages in our handy collapsible cooler bag - It actually keeps drinks cold. Oh, the miracles of technology!



She can't keep her feet out of the water, which was quite warm.



I am amazed that I managed to get the above shot framed so nicely. Our digital camera lacks a real viewfinder lens, having only the display screen. This is fine in most circumstances, but on bright sunny days the screen washes out to the point that it's illegible - I simply have to point the thing in the general direction of what I'm hoping to shoot and hope for the best. I managed to get the hovering bird just seconds before it dove down on its prey.

Emily: Standard Beach View. We need lots of friends with children who collect shells, to send our Breton seashells to, before they overwhelm the whole house.

Finally, I shot three tiny videos:

Emily wanders into one of the many cliffside cave-nooks

A panning view from the top of the cliff

Emily waves hi!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent pictures as always. Your pictures are very interesting and clear.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Gotta love the beach...

Meilleurs voeux!!

What I'm listening to now