I get the Digg headline feed on my iGoogle homepage, so I keep up to date on the various bits of weird news that float through there, and today a headline grabbed my attention. "France will never forget" is a pretty neat tribute event for the Omaha Beach landing, and worth mentioning for the exact reason given by the Digg submitter - That any time one idiot Frenchman breaks a McDonald's sign, it hits the news as "anti-American sentiment in France", yet when 2,500 French people get together for a huge and meaningful tribute, it is totally ignored by the mainstream media. Even the Digg article comments make interesting and insightful reading, for once!
Saturday, July 21, 2007
The French never forget
I get the Digg headline feed on my iGoogle homepage, so I keep up to date on the various bits of weird news that float through there, and today a headline grabbed my attention. "France will never forget" is a pretty neat tribute event for the Omaha Beach landing, and worth mentioning for the exact reason given by the Digg submitter - That any time one idiot Frenchman breaks a McDonald's sign, it hits the news as "anti-American sentiment in France", yet when 2,500 French people get together for a huge and meaningful tribute, it is totally ignored by the mainstream media. Even the Digg article comments make interesting and insightful reading, for once!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment