The end is nigh! Well, for this blog, anyway. After we moved back to the states, I had some hopes to keep this blog alive with reflections and observations about life in the US, and especially how it compares to life in the EU. Given that I have managed to make about three posts in the six months since we returned, I'd say that isn't working out too well. Mostly it is a problem of time - The crucial imperative to get working again and restart the pipe business here in NC has eaten up all spare time I might spend on side projects like this, and this is unlikely to change anytime in the near to middle future.
Another problem has been content, because while it is very nice to be back in the states, it is also pretty easy, and I can no longer count on getting entire humorous blog articles out of trying to mail a box at the PO, or getting lost in French backroads, or having to fight off mobs of gypsies with a walking stick. Being able to go have a fun meal at a Cajun restaurant is wonderful, but it does not a riveting read make. Ergo, about the only posts I have made since returning have been goofy humor or random web jokes, and this sort of thing works much better on my Facebook account. In fact, most of what I might have posted here has migrated to my Facebook page - It's just easier to update, and the micro-blogging nature of FB fits my limited time schedule much better than having to compose entire articles here. And if I want to just chat nonsense and bad movies with friends, I do that on our Pub Crawler forum... again, there instead of here.
The decision to kill this blog was made during yesterday's reworking of our main website. A lot of old content is getting yanked, and Emily and I decided it was time to pull the plug on this blog too. The Pipe Blog will carry on, since it gets all the hits anyway, and I will be much happier in only having one blog to keep updated
For those who have followed us through our last seven years of struggle, thank you for your time and interest!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I had a feeling this was coming. Well, it was a good run while it lasted.
And I'm still not getting a FB account.
Post a Comment