
Books, books.... My Amazon Wishlist has just gotten a bit fatter, giving me even more stuff that I can pine for and not afford to buy. "The BBook of Geek" sounds hilarious and probably extremely tangent-inducing, particularly if it's half as comprehensive as suggested in this Ars Technica review. But I will be extremely annoyed if they don't have some mention of Starblazers...
But even the BBook of Geek must bow to the marketing brilliance of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies", the perfect gift for wives, girlfriends, and Jane Austen fans everywhere.
"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" features the original text of Jane Austen's beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone crunching zombie action.
Hey, it's a book my wife and I can both enjoy!
A Valentine from DarcyDearest Elizabeth,You above all others know how I detest this day. That we should be expected to lavish gifts and sonnets upon our nearest relations for no other reason than expectation itself! How preposterous! How infuriating! (Your flowers and letter arrived promptly and in good condition, thank you).And yet there is no escaping the added sorrow hanging over this day. Pemberley ceases to live in your absence, my love. My own heart beats more slowly, and my morning patrols want for their usual liveliness. Yesterday I happened on a small herd of unmentionables in the woods, and could not bring myself to remit them back to Hell. My darling, there is no joy in killing without you.I hope your stay in Longbourn has been a pleasant one, and I pray you return with no shortage of alacrity. Do be vigilant, though – and keep your Katana near, as there have been frequent reports of trouble in Derbyshire.
![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=6c2ed4b2-d06c-4d1a-bdec-cdcc7500901b)

No comments:
Post a Comment