Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Heart Attack Grill



People ask me what I miss about the states.

Insanity, that's what I miss...

France seems to me to be a very self-conscious country, very concerned to be taken seriously and where no one wants to risk looking foolish. Ergo, there is a distinct deficit in over-the-top lunacy of this particular American variety:







Gigantic quadruple-decker hamburgers served by "Naughty Nurses" with cigarettes and beer.

God bless America!

(Note - I did not believe these pics at first, figuring they must be Photoshop fakes. Oh, the burgers I could easily believe, but not the cigs ,not in today's world of inane anti-smoking freakout. Then I learned the place was in Arizona, and it all made sense. Go Midwest!)

2 comments:

a quasi French woman said...

Hi there! I happened upon this post and couldn't pass up mentioning that I had seen, here in CA, a little TV broadcast on that restaurant and thought it was a hoot!

I can understand how you would miss something like that from the States. I'm in nation-changing mode, as opposed to regime-, and will be leaving CA for central France in a couple of months--the world's longest transition!

Anyway, happy hamburger!!!

TreverT said...

Thank you! And good luck in your own Big Move. In our experience, adjusting to the stores closing at 7 and not being able to go shopping at night for all the things you run out of, this takes about seven years before you even start to adapt!
Hope you enjoy your move - We have some friends scattered all over central France, and from all we've heard, it is beautiful country.

What I'm listening to now