We, luckily, got to drive them to the train station and then come back and go back to bed. Today, we're conscious but a little bleary and dazed. Having family over for a long visit is a strange experience in cultural reversionism. For example, I spent the whole week speaking English again and found out at a dinner party that suddenly I'd lost all my French, and was completely incapable of assembling even simple sentences. I'll write more, including lots of travel photos, when we are a little recovered and recuperated.
I did, however, want to post this entertaining photo that turned up in our local paper. A careful examination of the pic should reveal a familiar landmark, for those who have been here and seen our house! This photo was taken around 1915, IIRC, not long after our house was built. Our original permit is written on something like oilskin, a slippery, heavy paper, and spells out the fact that permission was granted by the town to build our house on this spot in 1910. Apparently construction carried over into 1911, so our 100 year anniversary may be a little vague.

No comments:
Post a Comment